Library Rules & Regulation
- Book Bank
- Video Lectures
- Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
Working Days Timings
All Working Days 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
All Working Days 10:15 am – 5:45 pm
Library will remain CLOSED all Holidays
- All students, faculty member and staff of the Institute are entitled to register as members of the library and to use the facilities & services offered for the purpose of their academic research and administrative work. Use of library facilities and services implies acceptance of its rules and procedures.
- Borrowing of reading materials facility is available to the faculty, researchers, students and staff of the Institute. The registration to use the library facility and services is automatic for the faculty and staff on joining the institute and for students on registration for the courses.
- Borrowing Privileges
- Students- 3 Books for 15 days.
- Faculty – 3 Books for 30 days
- All other Staff – 3 books for 30 days
- Visiting Faculty- As per principal permission
- Adjunct Faculty -3 Books for 30 days
- Late fee of Rs. 5/- per day per book after due date for students.
- Late fee of Rs. 5/- per day per book after due date for Faculty & Staff.
- All books need to be returned for physical verification once a year irrespective of the date of issue and category of users. Dates for Physical Verification will be announced two weeks in advance.
- Library regarding materials will be issued only if borrower shows the identity card at the Circulation Desk.
- A document issued may be renewed up to 1 times provided for student there is no reservation against it.
- A document may be recalled before the due date if required urgently in the Library. Failure to respond promptly may lead to suspension of library privileges.
- Certain documents are interested to be used only in the library premises. These include reference books, project report, rare books, current & bound periodicals etc.
- In special cases the librarian may authorize the issue of any document, mentioned under the above rules to a library member.
- Borrower should bring the material physically to the library for renewal.
- No user is eligible to barrow documents from the library on someone’s behalf.
- No material from the library should be taken out without proper issue. Any type of violation may lead to a disciplinary action.
- Faculty and staff going on log leave, deputation study leave, or extraordinary leave will have to return all borrowed materials before leaving the institute.
- Members are held responsible for all items issued on their name, until they are returned to the library.
- The lost or mutilated book should be brought to the notice library staff immediately.
- Borrowers are responsible for the documents they borrow. Documents lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, underlining, making notes, damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action including suspension of membership and /or replacement of documents concern. The lost /damaged document shall be replaced by the borrower with the latest edition.( HB or PB as the case be) else equivalent amount plus an additional charge of 20% of the price for the documents published abroad and 10% for the documents published in India. If the damaged document belongs to a set, then the user is responsible for the entire set.
- The borrowing facility can be restricted or suspended in case of misbehavior or misuse of the library facilities/ materials.
- Borrowers are requested to check if the documents being borrowed are complete and no pages are messing in it. In case of defect or damage in the book, should be brought to the notice of the library staff.
- Newly arrived documents shall be displayed. Documents on display shall be issued only after a specified period. However, advance booking for such documents are entertained.
- While leaving the library, user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- During power/system failure the circulation counter services will be suspended.
- Incase of lose borrower card/ I Card/ Duplicated Card will be issued on payment Rs. 100/-
- Visitor or guest member from other academic or research institute is allowed to use the library for short period with the prior permission from the principal/ Librarian. Guest member is required to produce proof of identification. No barrowing facility is available to the visitors.
- Readers and visitors are requested not to bring their belonging in the library.
- Books issued should not be brought to the library except for returning.
- Users are requested to live the books/documents on the reading table after consultation.
- Personal books and printed materials are not allowed to bring inside the library.
- Use of mobiles is strictly prohibited.
- Students can recommend a book for purchase only though a faculty member.
- Use of eatables in the library is strictly prohibited. Utmost care shall be taken by all to keep the library clean.
- The library rules and regulation shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.